Monday, January 8, 2018

"Venice Impression (2nd phase)"


The time I spend on a painting either very short (alla prima) or very long. I just can not do a painting in 2 to 4 days. I have shown you this painting at its early stage. Now quite a few days have passed, and the painting has reach to this point. I deliberately resist the temptation to paint more details and move toward the realism direction. I don't think it is the time to stop now, but I am rather confused about what to do for the next step. I am doing a lot of think at this moment. What do you think?

2 comments:

julie said...

This is a beautiful painting and I think that your instinct is correct. It is complete as it is and wonderful to look at and enjoy.

TEReaves said...

It is perfect! I think you are finished. I am loving your landscape impressionism, so much that I am signed up for your Ponte Vedra workshop. Really looking forward to it. I took your classes in Jacksonville several years ago, but was living in MS. I now live in FL and I jumped at the chance to do this. See you there, and keep painting landscapes and water!
Gayle Reaves
gaylereaves@gmail.com